Wilton Meadows Healthcare Center, Wilton, CT
June 2019 — September 2020
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Assisted familied with loved ones during height of pandemic; arranged and facilitated communications
when visitation was not allowed due to safety and mortality was high
- Planned and facilitated all group activities for dementia unit, including weekly crossword puzzle group,
guitar sing along group, news, exercise and special events
River House Adult Day Center, Greenwich, CT
February 2015 — June 2019
Laurel House, Inc., Stamford, CT
June 2012 — June 2018
February 2015-June 2018
- Occasional consulting work to help maintain the health database and implement new features.
New Media Administrator
August 2013-February 2015
- Maintained and built new components for client database (SalesForce), created marketing materials
including designing annual report, maintained social media and managed website.
September 2012-November 2013
- Worked within the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) funded
Supported Education program to help individuals determine educational goals, apply to colleges, get
financial aid, register for disability services, and develop skills to succeed in college.
Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS) Employment Specialist
June 2012-August 2013
- Responsible for the BRS employment program at Laurel House. Responsibilities included working directly
with clients to determine employment goals, assisting with resumes, assisting with applying to jobs,
interview preparation, building relationships with employers to create new placements, and all
documentation. Responsible for some job coaching and billing the state for services
Computer Skills Group Facilitator
October 2011-February 2015
- Facilitated computer skills workshops for individuals with severe mental illness as a volunteer before
being hired full time in June 2012. Continued facilitating group as an employee after being hired, in
addition to other responsibilities.
- Sensational Achievements, Stamford, CT — 2017 - 2019. Volunteer - Worked with
occupational therapists (included director Aubrey Schmalle, OTR/L) to provide sensory integration therapy
for children with disabilities. Also, assisted director with Wordpress and other technical tasks.
- Security Solutions, Inc., Norwalk, CT — November 2011 - June 2012. Customer
- Priceline.com, Norwalk, CT — June 2009 - December 2009, Summer 2008. Intern Computer
- Pace; Enrolled in Masters in Computer Science with 27 credits; GPA: 4.0
- University of Connecticut; Bachelor of General Studies, May 2011; GPA: 3.64
- Proficient: Python, Java, Outlook, video conferencing software (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom,
Duo), social media (Twitter/Facebook primarily)